[pct-l] External framed packs (Ned Tibbits)

Diarmaid Harmon irishharmon at comcast.net
Sun Jul 27 15:58:48 CDT 2014

Hey Ned and Jeff.

Thanks fort he posts on the different uses and styles of backpackers. I have switched back to an external frame pack
after using a lighter pack for my thru hike. I no longer need to blaze away miles and have re-hiked many of the sections
in Oregon, Washington and Northern California. I take my time and enjoy the area. Sometimes I stay put at a lake and
day hike from there to several different areas. I carry a lot more creature comforts then I did on my thru hike and I find
the external frame pack handle's it better. I think all styles have their place and people need to be comfortable with what
they choose for their style adventure.
One thing I have learned over the years one style/size defiantly does not fit all.

Diarmaid “Irish” Harmon
irishharmon at comcast.net
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, Guinness in one hand, steak in the other, yell 'Holy Sh**, What a Ride!"