[pct-l] Ultralight tent for 2 recommendations

Andrew + Cheri sularula at sonic.net
Sun Jul 13 13:55:23 CDT 2014

We’ve had the North Face Mica 2-person since the beginning of last season and love it.  For an ultralight it’s a little on the heavy side at 3#2oz (w/footprint, poles, stakes, tent, fly included).  But since we split the weight it still feels like nothing.  It has the double entry & vestibules (we agree w/Yogi on the importance of these!), and is a bit longer than some so 6’ Andrew can sleep comfortably.  It’s easy to pitch, holds up well on windy nights, and even got us through a few early season snowstorms in the high sierras last September with everything nice and dry.  We don’t always sleep in it but it’s nice to know it’s in the pack when the weather changes or the bugs are bad.  And good to have a dry place to play cards in foul weather.  We looked at Mtn HW, Nemo, and Big Agnes alternatives but this seemed like the best fit and we’ve been really happy with our choice.

My two cents,
Cheri Nielsen

Andrew + Cheri
sularula at sonic.net