[pct-l] (no subject)

Stephen Adams reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 12 14:15:52 CDT 2014

I still have and use my Kelty frame pack.  It's really much more comfortable with a heavy load of food and or water, camera gear etc.  Internal and UL packs seem overloaded and uncomfortable under these circumstances.  The problem with a biggish frame pack, and I have expressed this to friends with big packs, is that it is easy to overload them with things like the kitchen sink.  They are also a bit clunky when traveling over cross-country routes, crossing fast running water, and in sun cups etc, but people have been doing it since "who flung the chunk".  I actually have learned to dislike my UL G4 pack the last couple years and now call it the sag bag.  I just did a short trip wherein I had to load a bear canister in the UL pack.  Lame.  Wished for two days I had my tried and true framer because it would have carried that jug a hecka lot better....