[pct-l] Goldmeyer Hot Springs

Mike Smith mike.sm64 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 12:34:16 CDT 2014

Trekker (copy PCT List),
   My experience was that I was very welcome as a drop-in in 2014.
   The GHS web site highly recommends reservations, but does not require
them. My guess is that they stress reservations because people drive long
distances and then hike over the closed road - and they do not want to
disappoint. The Forest Service probably limits the guests so the maximum is
a hard line.
   In your case, you are hiking through so if the place is full you will
just hike on.
   Back to the trail from Snow Lake for a moment: there is a trail down the
talus slope, it is just deteriorated and under vegetation. Poles will
reduce the chance of a twisted ankle.
Enjoy, --Lightfoot