[pct-l] mechanical clearing of trail

Dan Welch welchenergy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 16:04:09 CST 2014

Agreed.  When there is a limited budget (and when ISN"T there a limited
budget??)  and mechanized tools can do the work in a fraction of the time,
insisting on non-mechanized tools means a fraction of the trails will get
cleared.  Even I can figure that out...

Timberline

<<  Not to use 'machines' to keep trails open in arbitrary wilderness areas
smacks of a lack of common sense and an impossibly romantic view of
wilderness. Just sayin'.  Canada has its share of foibles, but I do
appreciate that when our rangers or park staff park first open trails in
spring, they're packing...packing a chain saw. I rarely find trees blocking
the park trails.  >>