[pct-l] Dynamite v Chainsaws

Rob Langsdorf sdscpcts at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 19:25:51 CST 2014

When I hiked through the Suiattle River area I came upon a log that must have been over 6 feet in diameter. It had about 8 inches of bark axed out all the way around. Later I talked to a trail foreman. He said that it had taken a six man crew atleast a day and a half to cut it out of the trail using hand tools. They were going to use dynamite to blow up the log because that was leagle in the wilderness area, but cutting it out with a chainsaw wasn't.

So much for the wilderness game, but does it make sense?

             Rob