[pct-l] Halfmiles map download

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Sat Jan 25 11:54:36 CST 2014

> How do I download Halfmiles maps to my i phone 5?

Hi Hawk,

I'm going t give you a "two for one" answer...
If you don' have it yet, download "PCTHYOH" from the app store (a free app)...
Once you have "PCTHYOH" on your iPhone, open it...
When it opens to its home page, down towards the bottom you'll see "HalfMile's Maps et al"; 'click' on it...
A list of Halfmile's "Trail Notes" & map sections is shown...  Make sure you have wifi enabled(!)...
Click on a 'section' map and it will download & be cached for use when you're off the grid!
If you are on wifi or cellular data & open a cached map at a later date, the app checks for any new, updated file -
I'm currently going through my cached maps and they are automatically replacing the old ones w/ the 2014 maps.  ;-)

"PCTHYOH" has some other good features, too - check it out!!

Hope that helps.
Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)