[pct-l] Hiker Addiction: PCT Southern California

Michael Slusser michael.slusser at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 19:55:07 CST 2014

Since I'm getting a late start this year, I'm hiking from my doorstep in
Running Springs (just a tad south of Big Bear) to the trail; I should be
hooking up with the PCT around Bench Camp at mile 295. I'll head north,
then flip back to Mexico and walk home in September or early October.
(Can't wait to see the water situation then... Trail angels keep some
caches open for SOBO's, right?) I'm about 4 miles as the bird flies from
the trail--about 15 by foot.

Big Bear itself has a lot of pretty cheap rentals, especially with poor
snow totals the past few years and the depressed economy in our region. You
could get hooked up with a ski cabin out near Baldwin Lake or on the north
side of the lake and be within steps of the trail from half a dozen points.

Professor Errant

--
*Quid sum? Nil. Quis sum? Nullus. Sed gratia Christi, quod sum, quod vivo,
quodque laboro, facit.*