[pct-l] Ray's Food Place

ralvek088-hiking at yahoo.com ralvek088-hiking at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 09:35:39 CST 2014

Your work is well appreciated but there's no need to get all snitty about a request.

The guy SAID he's not American and is unfamiliar with US stores and may not understand
common colloquialisms. Please see his original post below.

Part of the problem is how folks start a new thread when responding - which causes loss
of context.

Meike said:

Yogi's book is certainly helpful on this. But I guess there are some
things that you just know when you are a native and you just don't know
if you are not. That's language and culture. You probably know what to
expect if Yogi tells you there is a "Ray's Food Place" or a "Vons" or a
"Convenience Store" - I don't. For example, when I read about Wrightwood
I learned that "grocery store" is apparently not just another word for
"supermarket", as I thought before ;)

If Yogi says you can do a "full resupply", does that usually mean a big
enough selection to find food for stoveless hiking?

Meike