[pct-l] Free standing tent

Marcia Powers gottawalk at me.com
Tue Jan 21 14:19:06 CST 2014

Sue said: "So -   I am wondering why someone can't make a double walled free standing
tent that is 40 inches high, and 36 to 40 inches wide, with a sil-ny rainfly
to make it lighter, -  and weigh around 2 1/2 lbs?  And not cost  over
250.00.   Is that too much to ask? Maybe its out there and I just don't know
what it is? "

I have the black diamond silnylon tent. It is freestanding with internal poles with your dimensions and weight. Wind can blow I heavy rain through the silnylon so in a fierce storm we drape our ponchos over the tent, making it a kind of double wall tent. Set up is so fast and easy. I love that tent! But to hike by myself I want something that is lighter weight.