[pct-l] PCT Section B Questions

Frederick Baier frederickbaier at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 21 00:09:32 CST 2014

Aloha,
My planned Sept 2013 Section B trip got canx'd (no further explanation to you all necessary). I'm regrouping and shooting for a 4 May start from Warner Springs this year.  I'm planning to hike up to Cedar Springs over the course of a few days, then down Morris Ranch Road to Hwy 74. Then up the road to Hurkey CG and on into Idllywild. That sound reasonable?  I'm doing my Google Earth homework and it looks as if there's a dirt track/road that parallels Hwy 74 just to the west of the roadway. First Question: is it accessible or private? I'd like to avoid road walking as much as possible, mostly for safety reasons. Second Question: best/approved route out of Idllywild back to the trail? Pros/cons of South Ridge(?) vs. Devils Slide trail. I'd kinda like to hike as much of the actual trail as possible, but am willing to make practical accommodations. Many Mahalos!
Aloha, Fritz
Aiea, Hi

Sent from my iPad