[pct-l] Food preps/advice for newcomer to pct hike-thru

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Sun Jan 19 13:42:26 CST 2014

SS,
Since the likelihood of fire restrictions is almost certain along major parts of the PCT this year, my first suggestion is to consider going stoveless. There are lots of food choices that require no cooking - water soaking, perhaps, but not cooking. The list archives should have several threads on this topic.

My second suggestion is to go to www.onepanwonders.com , Dicentra's website. She has lots of food discussions, meals, etc.

Have a great trip.

Mango