[pct-l] Water Cache

Paint Your Wagon n801yz at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 18 15:20:30 CST 2014

Johanna,

Thank you very much for the awesome help in supporting hikers by your selfless acts;
in particular, the stocking of the Swarthout Canyon water cache.

A fun fact- some kind of large rodent was hidden inside the cabinet and remained so for sometime as I went about the task of filling my water bottles.
Suddenly, and without warning, out of the corner of my left eye could be seen a rather thick bare tail disappearing over the top of the door.
I never saw the body of the tail’s owner but imagined it to be a desert rat???
That encounter rattled my nerves a bit and taught me to be more aware of my surroundings and to look,
really look, at where I place my hands when “out in the bush”.

Just a thought...
perhaps placing a noticeable sized sign somewhere on the cabinet informing hikers of the necessity in not crushing the containers might help.

The flower face wire gizmo that is used to secure the cabinet hasp is a nice touch.
The lounge chairs were totally unexpected and brought a smile to my face.
Thank you for providing a garbage can, and for the labor in dealing with it too.

Thank you water cache trail angel extraordinaire!

<>Paint<>