[pct-l] Found some yummy new things at the Asian market

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 20:07:04 CST 2014

I've found a few new tasty things at the Asian market lately: Dried
fish snacks and dried sweet potatoes.

The fish snacks are little dried fish with soy sauce and sesame,
maybe ginger or something. There are many kinds, with some fish being
larger than others. They don't taste fishy to me but they do taste
like fish.

The dried sweet potatoes taste like dried fruit, sort of vanilla
flavored with the consistency and appearance of dried mango. You just
eat it like dried fruit. I have not tried to cook with it but may try
it someday.

I'm always looking for more protein foods to eat. I have discovered
that about 1 g of protein per pound of lean body weight is about what
I need. For me, that's more than 100g. Seems like a lot but I can
feel the difference. I believe that when I hiked the PCT I did not
get enough protein and that may be part of what led to my various
problems after the trail.