[pct-l] Trail Shoes

Randy Godfrey randy3833 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 17 16:45:03 CST 2014

Shepherd,<br/><br/>I absolutely love my Salomon XT Wings 3 trail runners. So much so that I bought a second pair within days. I should qualify that with the fact that I am a mild pronator and tend to fight with shin splints. These shoes do have some pronation control although Salomon will say that they consider all of their shoes to be neutral. <br/><br/>I am still wearing out my third pair of Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultras. They have been amazing shoes as well but are a bit on the heavy side, especially when they are wet.  I emailed Salomon, explaining my tendency to get shin splints and how theXA Pro 3D Ultras had corrected that for me. I asked if there was a shoe of similar architecture in a lighter weight version. They replied with a recommendation for the XT Wings 3. I am so glad that I took their advise (so far). Although I don't have proven trail miles on them they feel like the most amazing thing I've ever had on my feet. My arch and heel feel locked