[pct-l] Umbrella Holder

Marian Harmon marianharmon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 10:19:42 CST 2014

Don's idea is a great one! I live in the Mojave and an umbrella is just one
of the essentials for me certain times of the year. I've done this with
velcro electronic straps (think Belkin Velcro Cable Ties) and the vertical
daisy chains on my pack... which I often remove and sew elsewhere (or
replace with a custom ripstop or tyvek tube) to be more efficient for my
needs. I like the velcro straps because they are adjustable for other items
as well. That said, I'm pretty good with sewing and bag construction,
thanks to a lovely not-quite sweat-shop job in college where I did the
final construction on bags for electronics. Those skills have come in
fairly handy. :)  Definitely seamseal/tape areas where you've made
alterations as seam ripping leaves holes.