[pct-l] 2014 or 2015

Karen Keller karen.kellerford at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 11:36:54 CST 2014

I am 60 and overweight, in excellent health but very out of shape now. I
hiked about 350 miles three years ago and, now, I want to keep going all
the way to Canada, or as far as my legs will take me in five months. I HATE
snow reeeeally HATE it. (Fuller Ridge was a nightmare for me) Do I use the
next two months to train like crazy maybe drop 15-20 lbs of the 50 that
need to come off and leave for Canada in late March to take advantage of
this low snow year. OR do I stay home to train for another year, drop all
the extra weight to be better prepared physically, and take my chances with
snow in 2015. For me the snow was a deal breaker in 2011. I have taken
Ned's class and I would survive, I think, but I will not hike into snow by
choice. Advice? Opinions? I do not want to be foolish or impetuious, but I
do not want to let an opportunity that may not come again, pass me by
either.