[pct-l] Cost of hike

Paint Your Wagon n801yz at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 13 19:57:51 CST 2014

I forgot to include the weight of the sandwiches for lunch, using bread and peanut butter. Combined weight is 31 ozs., for a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter. So... one day, would be about 6 ozs. worth of food/weight increase., raising the daily average from 43.4 to 49.4 ozs., or roughly 3 pounds of food a day. The calories contained in this omission equal 300 calories per sandwich, or 600 calories per meal, raising the example given to 8,385 calories. This is almost double, the average caloric needs of a hiker. One can adjust accordingly. Like I said earlier, I laid food out on a table and attempted to divide it up equitably and efficiently. This first attempt could use an adjustment. Bottom line- I’m out of here in 2 weeks.

<>Paint<>