[pct-l] Mountain Fire Closure

Paint Your Wagon n801yz at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 10 18:36:50 CST 2014

Evil Goat, of Anza, offered another/alternate route around Jacinto. Take the PCT to the Live Oak Spring Trail junction.

Take the Live Oak Spring Trail to the spring, so as to water up, and continue south on the trail downhill intersecting Palm Canyon Trail.

Take Palm Canyon Trail, (NOTE: sometimes it shares/becomes a road), around the base of Jacinto,

travelling south then east then north, to the trail leading to the Jacinto tram. Take the tram up Jacinto.

Take the trail (name unknown) from the tram’s end point on top of Jacinto, to the PCT. How cool is that?

A dependable water source, a tram ride, and, a chance to eat at the restaurant on top of Jacinto. Game. Set. Match.

Any who, there ya’ go. I don’t know if anyone knows Evil Goat, but rumor has it he has hiked the PCT (all California sections) 7 times...

no bragging, just a sidebar to say he makes a great hiker friend and shares what he knows about the trail whenever I ask,

and in this case, this is his backyard. OK I am off to research the trail with my own two peepers.

<>Paint<>