[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 73, Issue 10

Hikin' Jim hikin.jim at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 13:19:04 CST 2014

Is going up Herkey Creek a good bypass route for the Mountain Fire Closure?
 Probably not.  The headwaters are REALLY steep, and as you mentioned, it
goes right through the fire closure area.

The best option is to route through Idyllwild and go up either the S Ridge
Trail, Devil's Slide Trail, or Deer Springs Trail.  The question then is
"What's the best way to get to Idyllwild?"  That's what I'm working on.

HJ

--

*Backpacking stove reviews and information:  **Adventures In
Stoving*<http://www.adventuresinstoving.blogspot.com/>