[pct-l] Planning PCT Oregon Section

Lisette Walker lisettewalker at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 6 14:32:39 CST 2014

Hello,
I am planning to hike the PCT from the border of California/Oregon to border of Oregon/Washington summer of 2014.  I have hiked the John Muir Trail 3 times, last in 2012 so am experienced, but have questions about the Oregon PCT.  1.  Is there convenient public transportation or for-hire private transportation to reach a start point at the PCT near the California/Oregon border? 2.  At the Oregon/Washington border is there convenient public transportation or for hire private transportation to reach a rental car location? 3.  Will I need a bear cannister?4.  Is finding water a problem?5.  Recommendations for resupply points?6.  Recommendations for maps/books?7.  Any other advice?
Thanks