[pct-l] Big Bear trail angel please

Paint Your Wagon n801yz at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 3 00:54:59 CST 2014

Hi all I am planning to hike on Monday from HWY 18 to Van Dusen Rd in Big Bear.
I will have two friends with me but between the three of us, I have the only car.
Does anyone live near there who can give us a ride back to my car? I will pay you for gas.
You can join us or meet us where we drop off my car and take us to the trail head.
You can e-mail me back or call me at (909) 589-0677.
Thanks a lot
Shepherd

Shepherd,
I know of two trail angels: Papa Smurf and Tiffany.
I’ll have to do a little research to dig up the contact info.
Maybe someone else has the info. handy?
There’s a shuttle that runs east and west, but I don’t know how far east they run. Exact change please.
If all else fails, a combo of walking and hitching will probably work.
You can also try calling the hostel in Big Bear Lake, and possibly yogi a ride from a client staying there, or staff.
There’s parking at the trailhead where the PCT crosses HWY 18.
The steak house (Western Sizzlin’) has an all you can eat salad bar, with or without a meal.
I luvs me some pickled beets. um yummy

Go forth and hike!

PaintYW