[pct-l] Winter Hiking the Mojave?

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 20:00:40 CST 2014

It's been unseasonably warm lately. There won't be any snow in the
Tehachapis. If you can go right now you'd have really pleasant
weather. I just did a trip about 80 miles to the west and it was
mid-70s during the day. A bit nippy at night but really oddly warm
for this time of year. I didn't get to 6000 feet but there was no
snow on the north slopes of peaks that high and at the altitude I was
at, my water did not freeze when left out overnight.