[pct-l] Plantar fascitis

Landy Figueroa landykf at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 18:11:03 CST 2014

Hey all,
Anyone deal with plantar fascitis on the trail?  I was given the gift of PF
this summer while stupidly hiking with stiff hiking boots and a heavy pack
for work.  It's the devil.  My foot is painfully bothersome today after a
training hike.  I look forward in dread at the possibility of this plague
on the trail.

Also, anyone ever try those yoga-toe things to spread your toes out?  I
notice the PF is worse when my toes are squished together in the front of
my shoe.  Probable solutions are wide toe-box shoes like Altra shoes,
possibly hiking some small time a day with something like yoga-toes in the
shoes to spread my toes and exercise my arches in that position, bringing a
golf ball and some sort of foam roller on the trail (high maintenance,
geez).  Discuss please.

Landy