[pct-l] Nite Hiking and Flashlights

Sir Mixalot atetuna at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 21:10:11 CST 2014

I wholeheartedly recommend the Zebralight H52.  I can't find anything that
comes close.  75.5 grams (2.66 ounces) with headband and lithium ion
battery. 500 lumens on high.  Great low modes that offer incredible battery
life, although the most meaningful mode for me offers 12 lumens and 27
hours of battery life.

It can be used with a regular AA battery, which provides similar battery
life, but tops out at 280 lumens.

If you want to use a lithium ion battery, I recommend using the Tindie
Liponano <https://www.tindie.com/products/Rager/liponano-1/> charger. It's
incredibly tiny and weighs a scant 1.7 grams.  It'll need wires to attach
to the battery.  Soldering the ends flat and glueing on mini magnets would
work great.

Any recommendations for a lightweight flashlight that's powerful enough for