[pct-l] Costco CF trekking poles -weight question No 2.

Luce Cruz lucecruz13 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 19:40:21 CST 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 5:12 PM, ralvek088-hiking at yahoo.com <
ralvek088-hiking at yahoo.com> wrote:

> - those rubber feet: beware! On steep down hills, the rubber feet provide
> no traction at all; I personally had to administer first-aid
> to a hiker who a took a bad tumble when the Costco pole she was hiking
> with just slid despite her planting the pole firmly in front of her.
> I suggest you remove the rubber feet if you want the poles to help arrest
> your slide! I'm sure the shoes help protect paved paths but they
> are a problem on most other terrain.

Those steel tips can be useless in certain situations, too. Just gotta know
your equipment, what it can do, how to best use it.

As far as Costco (actually branded Cascade Mountain Tech
cascademountaintech.com) pole durability, that definitely remains to be
seen. However, I'm not gonna shoot them down just based on price and/or
where I purchased them. I'll use them and abuse them and see what happens
and if they deserve to be shot down, I'll do it. If there are praises to be
sung, I'll do it. Right now, the price is, well, pretty damn good. Now I
just have to try to kill them.

Luce Cruz