[pct-l] BioOne Online Journals - Effects of an Electrolyte Additive on Hydration and Drinking Behavior During Wildfire Suppression

aslive at charter.net aslive at charter.net
Sun Feb 16 10:59:15 CST 2014

There is a problem with this study for backpackers, it was not long
enough.  The study was done over a 15 hour period for men who had
big-time support with them, regular meals, etc.  When you are out there
hiking for days at a time and only drinking water, as a backpacker, you
can end up flushing out your system.  There is a name for this, although
I forget it at the moment.  It is very important on days-long treks to
replace your electrolytes.

Shepherd