[pct-l] Chrome dome

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 14:33:35 CST 2014

The Chrome Dome is not actually made by Golite.  They just put their logo
on the ones they sell.  You can find the exact same thing on Amazon and a
number of other places by googling "mylar trekking umbrella."  Don't get
the larger colorful ones, just get the basic mylar top, black underneath
with a little bulb on the end of the handle.  I've bought several under
different names and they were the same thing as the Chrome Dome, sometimes
as cheaply as $19 each. Here's the exact same thing for $27 at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049HNA5W/ref=asc_df_B0049HNA5W2998147?smid=A3K90JHFOGRITA&tag=nextagusmp0380883-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B0049HNA5W

Golite is only the logo and name as far as umbrellas goes.  Some other
manufacturer actually makes the items.

Shroomer