[pct-l] Resources for Sub 4-Month Thru-Hike?

Stephen Clark rowriver at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 17:30:15 CST 2014

Is it logical to attempt PCT in less than 4 months? Logical that one should
not expect this trail take at least  five and a half months?

There's a reason that our forebears took the time to safely transit the
Oregon Trail (2000 miles) from Independence, Missouri to the Willamette
Valley in Oregon.

This great westward movement, undertaken carrying all of ones necessities
at an average speed of three miles an hour, took four and a half months.
The underlying premise, don't wear out your primary source of power - your
oxen.

Should we as two legged power sources carrying all our essentials on our
backs, doing a distance 650 miles farther, be any different?

Maybe that's why, as we all start from the border, we are called "The Herd."