[pct-l] Planning PCT Oregon Section

Dennis Phelan dennis.phelan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 02:06:00 CST 2014

Brick has covered it pretty well.  A couple of comments; Water around
Crater Lake is more scarce than other areas.  This year is shaping up to be
a very dry year and some of the usual water sources maybe dry, but as Brick
said if you have made it through the California deserts, which is also dry
this year, it shouldn't be a problem.  The people at Callahans are really
nice and might be able to arrange for a ride to the Oregon border (call
them and give them some time to line something up - they have several
college students in the area who need money)  As Brick says there is a
network of forest service roads that will get you about 100 yards from the
border.

Good luck and have fun.

Dennis