[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 74, Issue 11

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.org
Mon Feb 10 14:08:25 CST 2014

...a Deadman Anchor!

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
www.mountaineducation.org
-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Olson
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2014 12:03 PM
To: pct-l at backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 74, Issue 11

For some reason my stakes always come out.  Solution - put 10 lb rocks
on the stake cord right at the stake.  Or 20 lbers.  Or stack smaller
ones.  There are few places on the PCT where you can't find rocks to
dink around with.  This makes tautening guy lines on those stretchy
silnylon tents really easy in the middle of the night when it's dewy and
damp or raining.  If only they made a tent fabric that contracted rather
than expanded when wet...

Jeff...