[pct-l] Powerhouse Fire route

Dan Welch welchenergy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 05:16:40 CST 2014

PCTA has two possible routes listed.  The first is a long road walk on
Elizabeth Lake Road and then Pine Canyon Rd.  The second is a route that
follows the California Aqueduct - I'm assuming on a dirt/gravel road
alongside the aqueduct.  That looks like a hot walk with no shade - but at
least there would be water, right? Or is it even accessible?  Can you take a
dip at any point in the aqueduct?

Anyway, I'm looking for the pros and cons of these two routes...  If you
have a preference for one route over the other, I'd love to know why!

Thanks.
Timberline