[pct-l] Straw?

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 18:16:14 CST 2014

A piece of wrapper from a clif bar might even work. Seriously it doesn't
have to be anything in particular. I sometimes arrange the calcified
leaves and pebbles in tiny little trickles to get a better flow.

On the PCT I carried a pennywhistle and figured it would work for
creating a small stream. Just turn the holes up. I never needed to use
it that way. I never needed a straw or any device intended to work like
a straw. What I really could not do without was a container of some
sort--a gatorade bottle or something to fill my platypus bottles.