[pct-l] Boring Gear Question

gary_schenk at verizon.net gary_schenk at verizon.net
Fri Feb 7 10:53:08 CST 2014

 On 02/06/14, Luce Cruz wrote:
I can see why he is considered legendary then.

He was known as the Pack That Walks Like a Man. A lot of those peaks we walk by on the JMT section were first climbed by Clyde.
http://www.owensvalleyhistory.com/norman_clyde/norman_clyde3.jpg

He used the anvil to repair his hobnailed boots. He packed a pistol, as well, but didn't seem to travel with a dog.

If you stop over in Independence, make sure to go to the Eastern Sierra Museum and check out the Clyde exhibit. And while you're there, you have to see the dentures made out of coyote teeth.

Gary