[pct-l] Pack a STRAW or two.

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 14:41:57 CST 2014

I had to use my straw in WA of all places.  On a bone dry stretch north of
Stevens Pass, we camped near a number of dry streams and had to walk 1/2
mile from camp to find a tiny trickle.  I could get the straw into a jumble
of rocks up slope, just deep enough to catch the little wet ribbon.  While
waiting for the bottles to fill, it started raining and by morning all the
streams were torrents and it continued to rain all the rest of the hike.
 Even in WA, you can find yourself using those desert techniques you'll
hone in the first few months on trail.  A straw of some kind is a very
handy thing to have when you need it.

Shroomer