[pct-l] Start time

Paint Your Wagon n801yz at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 4 16:57:09 CST 2014

I hiked the desert, crossing the Mojave, on the fourth of July.
I left Hikertown at precisely 8:30 pm.
Was it hot?
Yes.
Smoking hot.
I was a rookie in 2012, and had some prior heat related experiences by working in Iraq, and Afghanistan,
in the summer of 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009.
Aside from that point, surviving in the Mojave was a challenge worth living.
Carrying 2 gallons of water was a bitch and a necessity.
Relying on the water reports was an act of faith.
Relying on myself was an unexpected, trail discovered strength, that was revealed in times of tribulation.
I hiked alone for much of my hike because I was injured and would hole up alone trying to heal.
All of my delays in trying to rest and heal up, put me in the worst of the heat.
I arrived at Kennedy Meadows, late on the night of July 31st.

It was glorious.

Carry enough water.
Leave early in the morning.
Hole up in the blistering hours of the day, when you need to.
Hike until dark thirty.
Give yourself a pat on the back.
Enjoy the ride.

<>Paint<>