[pct-l] Canada permit

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 17:31:33 CST 2014

On the U.S. side we saw jackbooted agents with backpacks and M16s the day
we left Harts Pass.  The U.S. side is definitely watched and not just by
cameras.  We saw no one on the Canadian side.  Maybe they're there, but we
didn't see them.  Bob is right, the Canadians don't check you when you're
leaving Canada.  The forms are required only upon entry, even though no one
checks them there either.  Since we had them, we showed our Canadian entry
forms to the U.S. officials as we reentered the U.S. and they looked at
them and handed them back saying they had never seen anything like that
before.

You don't need them to leave Canada, but they are required when entering.
 I happen to like my visits to Canada, so I comply with their rules, out of
respect for a very wonderful neighbor nation.  We're damn lucky to have
Canada on our norther border.  So what the heck, I carried them all the way
from Mexico and keep them as a memento of my thru.

Shroomer