[pct-l] Snow Advice on OR and Washington PCT 2015

Peter Necarsulmer necarsulmer at mac.com
Fri Dec 19 15:02:11 CST 2014

Dear Ned,

Thanks for the extensive, very helpful advice.  You suggest I be ready for the possibility of “lots of mud, so prepare for it with the right footwear and sleeping plans.”   Yuk.  I hate lots of mud.  I hate little bits of mud too.  But I should be prepared and would appreciate your thoughts, please, for solid prep, especially on sleeping plans.   My shelter is my fantastically light and strong Six Moons Design cuben Skyscape X (I don’t leave home without it!).   I haven’t figured out footwear yet for the early portion of the hike, but my preferred in the summer is Innov 8 running/trekking shoes.   (As I recall from meeting you at ADZPCTKO in 2013, you always wear a sturdy pair of over-ankle boots).  I can feel the mud squishing in my toes as I write this…  Peter
Peter B. Necarsulmer
+ 1-202-403-4211 U.S. mobile
+ 7-495-760-3303 Russia mobile
necarsulmer at mac.com