[pct-l] "WIld" with Reese Witherspoon by Chery Strayed

Ron Graybill rgraybill44 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 08:22:38 CST 2014

Far be it from me to suggest that any of these ways of referring to these
mountains is "wrong," but apparently different people in different parts of
California have different preferences.  I grew up in the mountains in
question here. And everyone around me always called those mountains the
"Sierra Nevadas" or the "Sierras," never the "Sierra."  I've lived in
California all my life, hiked in and traveled through those mountains off
and on all my life, and only now, in these PCT posts, do I learn that some
people, even California people, use the term "Sierra" without an "s." I
always figured, well, it's a range of mountains, which meant, to me, many
mountains together in line.  So the mountains were plural because there
were many of them.  But, no problem, different strokes for different folks,
you know.
Ron "Slo Charger" Graybill

Ronald D. Graybill
11832 Fordham Place