[pct-l] "WIld" with Reese Witherspoon by Chery Strayed

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Wed Dec 3 14:53:46 CST 2014

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Scott Williams <baidarker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Too much snow for her.  She and others skipped over the Sierra that year.

I hiked that year, leaving Campo mid June, and I didn't skip the
Sierra. Yes there was a lot of snow. Snow was a significant issue till
north of Lassen, and remember there was no GPS back then.

I saw no other thrus between KM south, and Sierra City, and the only
people I saw between Trail Pass and Mammoth were backcountry rangers
and one group of outwardbound folks, the guy that gave me my food at
MTR (they had just opened a few days before I arrived in mid July) and
a group camped near MTR

It was difficult It was dangerous and it was lonely. Looking back on
it, it was a wonderful experience.

Since we both hiked the same year, I sent Strayed a couple of messages
(before she got so famous) but I never got a reply, and a couple of
posts I made her FB page were deleted.