[pct-l] Freeze dried or dehydrated food?

Cat Gunderson cathi at cathigunderson.com
Mon Aug 25 10:27:31 CDT 2014

I plan to go cookless on my 2015 PCT adventure and want to load up on a
variety of fruits and veggies in my resupply boxes. Unfortunately, I haven't
really used either freeze-dried or dehydrated food much (other than raisins
­ they count, right?). Which is better for nutrition and the "mold free"
factor ­ dehydrated or freeze-dried? How about taste? Do they all tend to
taste the same after awhile or do they retain their original flavors? Thanks
so much!
Cat