[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 80, Issue 14 Bear Canisters: Good for Bear, not for Hungry Hiker?

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 13:40:46 CDT 2014

If I recall correctly, over the years Ursacks have gone through a cycle of
approved - not approved - approved - lather, rinse, repeat.  I suspect what
is approved today will be not approved in the near future - and vice-versa.

Put my food in an Ursack, tie it to a tree, let a bear smash it and drool
all over it, end up with bear-saliva-covered smashed up Snickers and
Idahoans?  No thank you.  Give me a BearVault any day.  I'm tough:   I can
carry the extra 2 pounds, keep my food safe, and more importantly keep the
bears safe.

Yogi
www.yogisbooks.com