[pct-l] Bear Canisters: Good for Bear, not for Hungry Hiker?

gary_schenk at verizon.net gary_schenk at verizon.net
Wed Aug 13 08:34:56 CDT 2014

 On 08/12/14, Gail Van Velzer wrote:

Ned,
You hit the nail on the head! Through my study, I have found that there are
many other ways to keep food away from bears; that the BC is not the only
way. Why is it then, that the Forest Service beaurocrats who sit behind a
desk and never get out there on a trail are making these decisions?

Because rangers absolutely hate shooting bears. Because there's only one sure fire way to protect bears from your food.

Anyone who allows a bear access to their food because they felt they were too special to obey the regulations, should be the one to shoot the bear.

Gary