[pct-l] SPOT Connect in N Cascades (Rebecca Wilcox)

Gail Van Velzer vanvelzer at charter.net
Tue Aug 12 22:45:46 CDT 2014

We originally were going to buy the SPOT when we saw the In Reach, which had
just come out.  That was a few years ago.  We bought the In Reach and we are
very glad we did.  When my horse and I fell down the mountain, it got us
help very quickly in an area without cell phone reception.  It's one of
those things you pay for, hoping you will never need to use it.  It also
gave us a lot of capability like keeping in touch with our family and
friends.  They, with a password, could download real time where we were and
watch our progress.  We've now upgraded to their newer unit, 2 generations
newer than our original...and love it too.
Gail