[pct-l] rain jacket for PCT in Oregon/Washington

James F. Miller jamesfmiller at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 24 22:43:19 CDT 2014

PONCHO, silnylon poncho

--- Original Message ---

From: "bert" <bertcourson at hotmail.com>
Sent: April 24, 2014 4:35 PM
To: pct-l at backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] rain jacket for PCT in Oregon/Washington

Hey PCT:

I will be hiking Oregon/Washington on the PCT in Aug/Sept this year. I usually take a DriDucks jacket hiking, but am a bit worried about the DriDucks jacket being substantial enough on the spine of the Cascades for 700 miles. Wondering if I should take my REI Kimtah Event jacket for the rain/cold I hear about up there. Oops, it weighs a pound! What do other PCT hikers take for rain? Is the Kimtah too heavy or just the right amount of protection. I have only taken the Kimtah on canoe/kayak adventures, never backpacking. Thanks,