[pct-l] Water Cache at Scissors Xing

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Thu Apr 24 19:34:49 CDT 2014

On 4/24/2014 5:06 PM, Bob Bankhead wrote:
> Pack out what you pack in, no matter the distance between legitimate
> trash dumps. The larger odor-proof sacks work great for this.
>
> If you have the pack space and the inclination to do so, please pick
> up and pack out some of the trash left by other less considerate
> folks.

Are there trash cans at Sunrise Trailhead? I don't remember. If so, then
a thru hiker should only have a day's worth of trash by the time he gets
to Scissors crossing. A small ziplock with a few ziplocks and wrappers
in it. Maybe a page of maps. This can easily fit in your pocket. If
there are no trash cans at Sunrise Trailhead, then make that two day's
worth of trash, since Mount Laguna certainly has trash cans and even a
dumpster, and, IIRC, Pioneer Mail has trash cans. Adding another day and
half of your own trash on the way to Warner Springs is no big deal.
Adding someone else's beer cans is.