[pct-l] Water Cache at Scissors Xing

Luis Velasco velascoluis at cox.net
Wed Apr 23 21:57:18 CDT 2014

RegardingŠ
>> But either way, it is entirely up to the trail angel to decide to
support the cache or not.

Š Or perhaps a few off season hikers, or other benefactor(s) to clean the
place up on a temporary basis and defuse the situation.

I use to ask myself why no one cleaned up a great trail near my home, then
I quickly realized I had to set my own example.  It took me nearly 4 years
with the help of few helpful Border Patrol guys who would pick the bags of
trash I¹d leave at road crossings they¹d frequent.  Now the place is clean
(with a bit of periodic maintenance) ‹ and best, no silly restrictions.

Bottom line, if people are not willing to correct things on their own,
then others will simply restrict our freedom.

- Luis