[pct-l] Which airport provides easiest access to Kennedy Meadows?

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Tue Apr 22 14:05:02 CDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Andrea Ogston <andreaogston at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working out the logistics of my section hike this summer.  I'd love to
> hear advice on the easiest way to get from any airport to the trail at
> Kennedy Meadows Memorial Day Weekend.
>
> I live in Portland, Oregon and am flexible as to airports.  I will likely
> fly out of Reno.

You could fly into Mammoth or Reno and take an East Sierra Transit bus
to Inyokern.
http://www.estransit.com/CMS/content/395-routes

Or you could fly into LA take the Flyaway Bus to Union Station,
MetroLink to Lancaster and East Sierra Transit to Inyokern.
Or fly into Burbank, take MetroLink to Lancaster and East Sierra
Transit to Inyokern.

http://www.metrolinktrains.com/schedules/line/name/Antelope%20Valley/service_id/1142.html
http://www.estransit.com/CMS/

You can often get the driver to drop you at the KM road junction
instead of at the stop in Inyokern
In any event, the only way I know of to get from InyoKern to KM is to hitchhike

See: http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/2013-May/068672.html