[pct-l] Trimming messages....this will be my last complaint

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Mon Apr 21 18:36:36 CDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Matt Signore <mpsignore at gmail.com> wrote:
> What bums me out is all the stupid redundant stuff actually posted to this
> extremely antiquated "forum".

The electronic mailing list is the oldest form of internet based
social network, with the first mailing list, "Sci-Fi Lovers"  being
born in 1973, according to Vince Cerf the "Father of the Internet."
Here is a great video where he talks about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17GtmwyvmWE&t=35m10s

Matt doesn't seem to like using such "antiquated" technology as this,
and I'm not sure why he bothers to subscribe, while at the same time
complaining about it, as there are plenty of other resources online.

He also doesn't seem to like some of the "personalities" that populate
this list, nor what they post, and that is OK too, as long as he
doesn't personally attack them. I seem to remember other prolific
poster complaining about certain other list members and what they post
too.

The fact of the matter is that a text only email list, for all its
limitations, is a very low bandwidth social network that suits some
users very well. This list has been around since 1995 and has 2671
members, so it must suit their needs fairly well.

This particular mailing list is for "all things related to the PCT" so
PCT fiction, and redundant PCT stuff is perfectly OK. (Just no MTB
stuff please.) After 19 years of doing this, almost everything posted
here is redundant to me.

The only administrative request I have is that if you are replying to
a Digest, please follow the instruction at the top of every one of
them that says:

===
than "Re: Contents of Pct-L digest..."

Please DELETE the copy of the complete digest from your reply. ONLY
include stuff that applies to your reply