[pct-l] Trimming Messages

Barry Teschlog tokencivilian at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 21 14:41:33 CDT 2014

Sigh.....

Yogi et al...I'd suggest that it's not that simple.

SOME of us on this list prefer to get the list in digest form so as to avoid the 5 to 50 e-mails a day clogging the in box.  Some of us also tend to want to read said digest on our small screen phones since we're not always attached to a desktop machine and scrolling through the crap to get to the next message is a pain.  If there is one of these untrimmed messages early in a digest, and then reply after untrimmed reply to said original untrimmed reply clogging the digest, and then throw in the person that replied to the digest without trimming IT off and the digest basically becomes unreadable.

When there's too much chaff and not enough wheat to be worth wading through, its delete time.

Yogi wrote:

"Then don't scroll down.  It's that simple."